Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
reset bs2 — Parallax Forums

reset bs2

Let's Go!Let's Go! Posts: 124
edited 2010-12-13 15:43 in BASIC Stamp
is there any way to reset the bs2 electronically such as closing a switch, vs the mechanical sx that is on the board. reset is on pin 22 of the 24 pins and there are no ports for pin 22.

jim

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-12-05 10:13
    The Reset input is a logic input. The Stamp resets when the Reset input goes low. When you download a program to the Stamp, the Reset line is brought low briefly by the DTR line from the serial interface. Look at the schematic for the Stamp module and the Board of Education.

The pushbutton switch on the Board of Education just connects the Reset pin to ground. You can connect another switch between the Reset pin and ground (Vss). You can also connect a logic signal to the Reset line. As an experiment, connect any unused I/O pin to the Reset line, then write a small program that displays a message with a DEBUG statement, then does a LOW on the I/O pin used for the Reset line. You'll see the Stamp repeatedly display the message and reset thus starting the program over again.
  • coldspringscoldsprings Posts: 14
    edited 2010-12-13 08:19
    What are the differences between a standard BS2 chip and the BS2 rev. J ? I have a BS2 basic stamp and a board of education. My education board is a rev J and my basic stamp is not a rev J. is the reset pin the same on the BS2 for all rev's? I looked up the schematic and couldn't find a BS2 that wasn't a rev J
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-12-13 15:43
    The reset pin hasn't changed. For that matter, the changes involved with both the BOE and the BS2 are internal ones for most revisions, either an improvement in manufacturing technique or, as in one case, a change to the industrial temperature range rather than the commercial temperature range, quite an improvement.