Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp code help wanted *free hardware* — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp code help wanted *free hardware*

parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
edited 2010-12-01 20:18 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I have a product, that I've been selling for the last year or 2 at ucontroller.com. One problem is that I never properly documented it. Most customers have had no problems figuring out how to interface it with their various projects. Occasionally there is question that I can answer by email.

The product is a Serial Keypad. It's basically a 4x4 keypad, with a small "backpack" soldered to the rear that monitors keypresses, and transmits the data at 9600 baud. It has a 3 pin connector, with VDD, VSS and data. Reducing the number of pins used by the keypad to 1 single i/o pin. I thought this product might be of use to Stamp users, so I want to include code examples in it's documentation.
smallkeypad.jpg

But now, I have started writing up some Docs for this device, and here's where I'm asking for help. I sell and use Propeller's almost exclusively, so writing code examples for the Propeller I have no problems. But I have not used a Basic Stamp in years, and I don't have any to test this with. What I'm offering, is to send a free Serial Keypad to 1 or 2 forum members, and in exchange, you send me some Basic code examples that's been tested and works. Nothing fancy, just show how to use the keypad to enter some data, maybe select from a menu, or other such tasks.

If this is something you'd like to do, just send me an email or Private forum message. I may get many requests, so I may have to draw 2 names from a hat in the end in the style of Bump's recent giveaways. I'll choose 2 applicants this weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-12-01 20:18
    You might describe what the Propeller examples do. The Stamp examples will be more useful if they're functionally similar.

Any Stamp example is going to be very simple. A SERIN statement is all that's needed, something like:

ioPin PIN 1 ' or some other pin number
    Baud CON 84 ' 9600 Baud, no parity, normal
    value VAR byte
    SERIN ioPin,Baud,[value]
    ' The above will wait forever for a keypress