Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Brewery controller — Parallax Forums

Brewery controller

DunnseptDunnsept Posts: 115
edited 2011-01-18 19:32 in Robotics
I saw a code snippet in the prop forum where someone else looked to be working on brewery control. But I'll post what I have so far anyway.
I originally started this with an SX48 and am working on moving to a propeller. I wound up re-writing the object for the DS2760's based on John William's 1-wire code.

I am currently using the standard graphics & tv objects, but am switching over to the "lite" version that Beau posted that is not double-buffered...
anyway, the temp from the DS2760s is then scaled to an angle and drawn on-screen with the arc method in the graphics. kind of a "Vu" meter for the temp. I will then in production scale them so that the set point temp is with the needle straight up.
I still have to put PID in place as on the mash side this will control a Watlow Firerod.

(yes, the LCD is mounted in a cardboard box.. I didn't have any other handy way to keep the thing upright ;-)
400 x 309 - 10K

Comments

• Tex4uTex4u Posts: 30
    edited 2011-01-18 19:32
    Hey Dunnsept,

I like your display. When will the "batch" be ready? I'll be right over to sample aahhhh... validate it.
    Yeah, that's the ticket.
    the LCD is mounted in a cardboard box
    All my projects start out in a cardboard boxes. It's easier and cheaper to work with to get your layout just right. Then graduate to something more permanent.