Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret:FTP SERVER — Parallax Forums

Spinneret:FTP SERVER

Brian CarpenterBrian Carpenter Posts: 728
edited 2010-12-22 03:59 in Accessories
I am just in the beginning stages of trying to figure out the FTP protocol and how it can be used with the spinneret.
although i do not yet have my spinneret,I can currently do HTTP GET and POST functions with the wifly wireless module. so i understand the raw HTTP stuff there. I am using Wireshark running on my PC to capture FTP packets and see how they are formed. i have also been using WIKI and google. I will post how my progress comes.

Comments

• rwizardrwizard Posts: 2
    edited 2010-12-22 03:59
    While I admire your fortitude and perspicacity in using WireShark to reverse engineer the FTP protocol, I think you would find it easier to use your favorite search engine to look for: RFC FTP

I believe you will find RFC 959, 1579, and 4217 of interest, as well as the Wikipedia article on the topic.

Hope you find this helpful. One of the advantages of having been on the Internet since before there was a "World Wide Web" is knowing where they keep all the good stuff hidden ;).

Finger, Archie, Veronica ? Gopher, Talk ? Never mind, only us old guys remember this stuff.