Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Auto Mail Delivery Alert System (Ken's project) — Parallax Forums

Auto Mail Delivery Alert System (Ken's project)

MicrocontrolledMicrocontrolled Posts: 2,461
edited 2010-12-08 13:36 in Robotics
I have now completed my first profitable project in the electronics industry. Behold.... The Auto Mail Delivery Alert System! I have completed this project for Ken Gracy, and it will ship out to him as soon as I get his address. (He's been busy and hasn't gotten my email).

I've had this running correctly for over a week, and everything is in working order
The device looks for an incoming signal, when it gets one, it displays the "Package arrived" message on the display. To save power, the display is turned off every night at 9 PM and turned on every morning at 6 AM. It turns off entirely on the weekend. It also has an "LCD Off" option on the side menu. (see video)

For details and attachments, see the last few pages of this thread:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?t=124911&highlight=make+money+Propeller+projects%3F

Some of the information is out of date. There has been many changes to the video hardware. I will upload the new files shortly.

Here is the YouTube video of it working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_qfZjCC3qY

Thanks for all your support!

Micro

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-11-12 17:20
    Wow! Good job, Micro! That's a nice-looking unit.

-Phil
  • MicrocontrolledMicrocontrolled Posts: 2,461
    edited 2010-11-12 18:12
    Thanks Phil!
    I've enjoyed the chance to make a project that doesn't look like a bird's nest, as cosmetics are usually written off my design plan as "unnecessary expenses". I used a mountain king tech enclosure, but to accommodate the 4.3 inch LCD, I had to mill out traces on the sides of the enclosure panels and grind down traces in the side of the standoffs. All with a Dremel, but it still ended up in acceptable condition.
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2010-11-13 16:16
    Very Nice Project and it sound like you had a lot of doing it

I think that you have a very good start in the electronics industry with this project Good luck to you
  • RavenkallenRavenkallen Posts: 1,057
    edited 2010-11-13 21:20
    Cool looking device... Nice job!!
  • eod_punkeod_punk Posts: 146
    edited 2010-11-14 06:36
    Very nice Microcontrolled.
  • MicrocontrolledMicrocontrolled Posts: 2,461
    edited 2010-11-14 18:10
    Attached is fully optimized code. The device uses modified code from a touchscreen clock I made for mctrivia (in exchange for a plastic enclosure), and so the previously attached code includes a lot of unneeded touchscreen code. The attached code has no touchscreen sections, as the touchscreen is not used here, but the 5 position switch.

Thanks,
    Micro
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2010-12-04 02:35
    Nice job ! Even as a clock it looks impressive :)
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2010-12-08 13:36
    Can Ken chime and let us know how he like your project Just an idea

Thanks