Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RGB LEDs in the holiday contest? — Parallax Forums

RGB LEDs in the holiday contest?

joer14joer14 Posts: 1
edited 2010-11-11 17:32 in Announcements
Can we use RGB LEDs in the project? Because maybe it's just me but it was tad ambiguous about the use of RGB LEDs in my mind...
In addition to a microcontroller, each entrant may use any combination of individual colored or white LEDs, 7-segment LED displays, bar-graph LED displays, and/or alphanumeric LED displays. Applicants also may use other electronic on-hand components such as transistors, resistors, pushbuttons, and capacitors. The project also can use non-electronic materials such as cardboard, paint, markers, wood, plastic, coat-hangers, shoe boxes, glue, staples, and screws.

Thanks, and sorry about this question, it's probably a little silly.
Looking forward to the contest but I'm not going to lie, I'm really disappointed that you bumped the age up to 24. By 24 you can be an electrical engineering major, and comparatively I've got very little experience with LEDs but nonetheless, I'm pumped. Thanks for hosting the contest, it's going to be dazzling!
Joe

Comments

• Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2010-11-11 11:07
    Hi Joe!

Not a silly question at all. You may certainly use RGB LEDs, and I can see where you might think that they would be against the rules.

And please feel free to use this forum as a resource if you have any questions as you are working on your project. We'll be happy to answer any questions that you might have!

Cheers,
    Jessica
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2010-11-11 17:32
    I'm 17, but I have no worries for older entrants joer14. If anything somebody 24 will be disadvantaged due to the loss of creativity with age.