Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PIMS help for a motion alarm? — Parallax Forums

PIMS help for a motion alarm?

DadimanDadiman Posts: 1
edited 2010-11-13 11:34 in Accessories
Hey guys, I just stumbled on this sweet little sensor, PIMS #555-28027. I have a very rudimentary knowledge of electrical wiring, simple switch, light, alarm wiring. I would like to hook this sensors to a basic on/off switch a small battery and buzzer or alarm. I think I might have gotten into something too complicated after reading these forums, I have no knowledge of BASIC, programing or chips and what not.

Is it possible to rig this up to make a simple cheap motion alarm, and are all the parts available from Radio Shack?

Thanks guys,
Chad

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2010-11-12 06:03
    Welcome to the Parallax Forum

That depends on how simple you want this to be

Chad

I think I might have gotten into something too complicated after reading these forums, I have no knowledge of BASIC, programing or chips and what not.

It is not that hard to learn P Basic programing language

You can also find a Basic Stamp start kit at Radio Shack for $99.00 and some time less when it on sale

You would want to start with What is a Micro Controller HERE is the link to it

For you to get the most of this course you should do each exercise in each chapter and TAKE your time doing each chapter wait until you understand that chapter before you move to the next chapter

It will not be long before you can program a Basic Stamp to DO a simple code routines

And BTW it is a lot of fun and there are people on this forum that will help you a long the way
    They will not write code for you but will help you a long the way by showing where to the info and where it can be found

I hope this helps
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2010-11-13 11:23
    Post a link to this "sweet little sensor" so we can try to help.