Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Generally speaking, what sort of tasks can the Spinneret handle? — Parallax Forums

Generally speaking, what sort of tasks can the Spinneret handle?

ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
edited 2010-11-09 19:06 in Accessories
I have dreams of someday having a menagerie of Propeller-controlled lab devices all communicate wirelessly to each other via Xbees and to the Spinneret so I can monitor and control all their activities from my couch at home by clicking on webpages. Your set up suggests that could be possible. Since I don't understand anything about these internet devices, I have to ask: what are the limits to how many Xbee devices (or Props of any sort) might be monitored and/or controlled via the Spinneret? Are we talking 2 or 3 devices? Or 20000? Or is it a question of "merely" bits/sec that limit such possibilities?

Just thought I'd ask since I haven't even the faintest idea. :)

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2010-11-09 18:55
    I have dreams of someday having a menagerie of Propeller-controlled lab devices all communicate wirelessly to each other via Xbees and to the Spinneret so I can monitor and control all their activities from my couch at home by clicking on webpages. Your set up suggests that could be possible. Since I don't understand anything about these internet devices, I have to ask: what are the limits to how many Xbee devices (or Props of any sort) might be monitored and/or controlled via the Spinneret? Are we talking 2 or 3 devices? Or 20000? Or is it a question of "merely" bits/sec that limit such possibilities?

Just thought I'd ask since I haven't even the faintest idea. :)
    '
    This is where we need a WiFi set-up.The X-Bee is just not going to do what we need.
    '
    The Sinnerert is getting closer,But its not wireless and it wont work with WiFi, It can't transmit WiFi.
    '
    WiFi is what we really need for this.
  • ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
    edited 2010-11-09 19:06
    $WMc% wrote: »
    This is where we need a WiFi set-up.The X-Bee is just not going to do what we need.....

Okay, so maybe my dreams of Spinneret+Xbee are shattered now. (I'll choke back a weepy nervous breakdown, Glenn Beck style). But my general question then remains: what sort of things might be possible with the Spinneret? What do people foresee being possible? Or what might its limitations be?

I'm just trying to get some ballpark sense of things here.
    :)