Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about Spinneret documentation: — Parallax Forums

Question about Spinneret documentation:

sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
edited 2010-11-07 11:05 in Accessories
I see material under "Getting Started" that reads
There are three methods for powering the Spinneret Web Server, using either J1 or J6. To provide power
from J1, connect pin 2 to ground, and either pin 1 to 3.0 to 3.6 VDC, or Pin 12 to 4.0 to 9.0 VDC. When
providing power from pin 12, the voltage will be output on J6 for both power and I/O.
To provide power from J9, connect pin 3, labeled 'B', to ground and pin 2, labeled 'R', to 4.0 to 9.0 VDC.
The power from pin 2 will be used for the I/O voltage on pin 1 and it will be output on pin 12 of J1.
Pin 2 on J6 and pin 12 on J1 are directly connected, so power can be input on one pin and output on the
other. These pins also provide the output voltage for pin 1 on J6.

I believe that second paragraph should read "To provide power from J6..." (not "from J9"). Correct?

I'll post a little list of corrections I think should be made to the documentation, probably in an hour or so. But that one seems kind of important.

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-11-07 11:05
    David,

I would also add a footnote to the power specifications that if power is provided from J6 and if a daughterboard is plugged into J1, the power needs to be a regulated +5V (i.e. it cannot range from 4V to 9V). The reason is that some daughterboards have onboard logic or other circuitry that depends on a regulated +5V supply on this pin.

Thanks,
    -Phil