Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
2pe Motherboard avr code — Parallax Forums

2pe Motherboard avr code

Afzal_AhmedAfzal_Ahmed Posts: 3
edited 2010-11-11 22:30 in BASIC Stamp
Hello .I want to know that if anyone tried to write his own firm ware in the AVR's provided with the 2pe motherboard? I want to write a code for an autonomous car and in which i need to calculate the bearing of way points and due to lack of angle calculation and floating points I want to write the code in avr's can anyone help me in this regard?

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2010-11-07 01:16
    Try AVR Freaks.
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2010-11-09 18:22
    Hello .I want to know that if anyone tried to write his own firm ware in the AVR's provided with the 2pe motherboard? I want to write a code for an autonomous car and in which i need to calculate the bearing of way points and due to lack of angle calculation and floating points I want to write the code in avr's can anyone help me in this regard?
    '
    Why in the world would You want to write AVR code when You have PBasic with the BS2Pe?:idea:
  • Afzal_AhmedAfzal_Ahmed Posts: 3
    edited 2010-11-11 02:15
    Sorry for my understanding if I am wrong .I said I need to calculate bearing angle and it involves floating point maths and trigonometry which BASIC STAMP cannot do in my knowledge.I have done this on PIC micro controller using Proton Development suite but due to some reasons I want to do it on BS2pe .That is why i asked :)
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-11-11 07:42
    You might find the support you need for this over at AVR Freaks. Here's a thread that deals with floating point:

Floating point math may be a bit much for the ATTiny13 on the MoBo to handle, depending on which functions you need. The above-cited thread mentions a floating point library for the AVRs, but I haven't been able to determine where it can be found or who supports it.

-Phil
  • Afzal_AhmedAfzal_Ahmed Posts: 3
    edited 2010-11-11 22:19
    Thanks Phil .I figured out that it is not possible to do floating point math on Bs2pe avr's due to some memory issues .I will go for higher end micro controllers now preferably PIC series to re invent my project .Thanks for the replies and advices everyone :)
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-11-11 22:30
    You probably don't really need floating point math anyway. The AVR fixed point library may satisfy your needs...

-Phil