Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Are any Spinneret tutorials in the works? — Parallax Forums

Are any Spinneret tutorials in the works?

ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
edited 2010-11-05 18:36 in Accessories
Cool. I'm very happy to see this new capability become available. But will there be any kind of tutorials developed or is Parallax expecting the forum to provide all the hand holding necessary?

Comments

• David CarrierDavid Carrier Posts: 294
    edited 2010-11-05 18:31
    ElectricAye,
    We won't have any tutorials developed until after the contest is in full swing. We are very committed to making a turnkey firmware for the Spinneret Web Server that won't need any coding out of the box, but it won't be available in the immediate future.

Demand for the Spinneret Web Server hardware has been very high, so we are releasing it as hardware only at first, so that everyone who wants to work on there own firmware can have a chance right away. The design contest is also targeted at those who can get the most out of programming there own firmware.

We did hire Timothy D. Swieter to write the drivers for the W5100, and in time we will create an official firmware using Timothy's code, our own code, and open-source code from the community.

— David Carrier
    Parallax Inc.

P.S. Since you were one of the naming contest winners, we will be sending you a Spinneret Web Server as promised. If you need any assistance with it, send me a private message and I'll be sure to help you get started.
  • ElectricAyeElectricAye Posts: 4,561
    edited 2010-11-05 18:36
    ....Since you were one of the naming contest winners, we will be sending you a Spinneret Web Server as promised. If you need any assistance with it, send me a private message and I'll be sure to help you get started.

Hey, that's great! Thanks very much! :)