Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sending data via php — Parallax Forums

Sending data via php

genistrekgenistrek Posts: 1
edited 2010-10-27 02:23 in BASIC Stamp
Hello!

I want to accomplish sending data to the basic stamp using PHP.

I have looked at some links, and I need to do this with only one serial cable.
By that I mean I simply want the light to turn on by entering a website.

Even better if it's possible to convert pbasic to php-code so that php can program the BASIC Stamp.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• millitantmillitant Posts: 15
    edited 2010-10-27 02:23
    The ability to put your serial device on the web is possible, we did it in school some years ago. there should be lots of info on the web on code and downloadable extensions. im not sure what operating system you are using but i remember that php and windows dont work together to get the serial port com open. we downloaded some php-windows script to access the win32 file to get access to our com port. windows doesnt let php communicate without it.

i think you are going to have to check out either an 'in between' piece of code such as VB .net or C#, they can communicate with com ports if you are using .net version 2.0 or above, they can also communicate with php. i think thats your best option (also easiest). i might be wrong something might have changed in the last 3 years since i programmed a microchip via the web.

anyway you should do some research on the web on communicating with a simple VB/C# app to get to your com port. there are lots of examples on how to talk to your BS on the forum. just need to figure on your own how to talk through them.