Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Educator's Course in Ohio - LAST CHANCE TO ENROLL! — Parallax Forums

Educator's Course in Ohio - LAST CHANCE TO ENROLL!

Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
edited 2010-11-11 09:08 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hiya Teachers!

Join us in Marion, Ohio November 15th & 16th for two fun-filled days of tinkering with the BASIC Stamp! On day one we'll work with material in What's a Microcontroller and day two will feature material from Robotics with the Boe-Bot.

The cost for the course is $195, which includes a What's a Microcontroller AND Boe-Bot kit to take home after the class (retail value of $260)! Since all participants are required to bring their own laptops, everyone will be setup with all of the tools necessary to continue having fun at home!

Space is limited, so signup here today. I look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,
Jessica

Comments

• Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2010-11-03 09:13
    Enrollment for the Marion, Ohio BASIC Stamp Educator's Course will close tomorrow, November 4 at 9 A.M. PDT.

If you haven't enrolled, but would like to, please do so by tomorrow!

Cheers,
    Jessica
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2010-11-11 07:57
    Are there any plans to come to sunny Florida any time soon
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2010-11-11 09:08
    Well considering I originally hail from sunny Florida, I would love the opportunity to teach a course in Florida! Not to mention I'm sure that would make my mother extremely happy!

Usually courses are scheduled based on teacher interest. We get an email from a teacher who would like to see a course in their area, and we schedule it. Parallax handles all enrollment, and the host is expected to find a venue (usually at his or her own school) and promote the course through the local channels. We require at least 6 teachers to be enrolled for us to be able to meet our travel costs.

And that's it! So if you're interested in hosting a course in Florida, feel free to shoot me a PM or email! I'd love to head back down.

Cheers,
    Jessica