Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Temp/Humidity Logger: What uController? — Parallax Forums

Temp/Humidity Logger: What uController?

Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
edited 2010-10-21 18:01 in Accessories
All--

I need to log the temperature and humidity for an astrophotography application. I have the application up and running using a Sensirion SHT11 and a BOE. I COULD put the entire thing in a box suitable for outdoor use, but I would love to reduce the size dramatically. The BS1 is the right size, but is it possible to interface the SHT11 to the BS1 via PBasic? I do not know how to get much past first base converting "my" BS2 code to the BS1.

The code I have up and running is merely the "SHT Advanced.BS2" demo program minus a lot of debug statements and with the substitution of SEROUT for DEBUG to make it talk to a laptop.

What "fieldable" platform would you recommend other than a BOE? The BOE is easy for me, but it is bigger than I want. The USB connection is vital.

Any suggestions--different code, Stamp platform--you might recommend will be appreciated.

--Bill

Comments

• WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2010-10-21 18:01
    If you are using a BS2, how about the BS2 OEM board? 2" square is a good size and there are tons of cases that would make a nice finished project.

If you are interested in using a Propeller, send me a PM and I may have another solution for you.