Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Control PC with bs 2 — Parallax Forums

Control PC with bs 2

pietzeekoepietzeekoe Posts: 8
edited 2010-10-19 20:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I own a boe bot and I was wonder if I could control games with the bs 2, IE connect a toggle switch or pot to the bs 2, write some code, assign the toggle or pot to a ingame button/throttle etc.
Im not that good of a programmer and if you guys could help me out I'd apreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-10-19 20:53
    It's possible, but it would depend on your PC and would take a level of expertise in programming that it sounds like you don't have yet. The problem is that you want to have the BS2 take the place of a mouse or joystick in an existing game. If you're writing your own game, you can add code to interpret data from the BS2 which can easily send serial data with the switch or pot setting. In order to use the BS2 with an existing game, the BS2 has to pretend to be a mouse or joystick. That's doable if your PC can handle a serial mouse. Most modern ones can't do this ... they expect a USB mouse and the BS2 can't do that. If you were proficient at PC programming, you might be able to write a new Windows I/O driver that could let the BS2 look like a mouse or joystick to an existing program.