Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about N&V 107 + Finished Project — Parallax Forums

Question about N&V 107 + Finished Project

jivy43jivy43 Posts: 11
edited 2010-10-09 17:06 in BASIC Stamp
As the title indicates, I have a question about Jon Williams' March 2004 Nuts & Volts Column #107, "Measure High, Measure Low". Jon used the DS 2760 Thermocouple Module. I used the column and code to develop a stamp program to time a temperature change. More on that later.

The question I have is this; In the code used in the article there was a subroutine named "Read_Vin" with vIn defined as a variable sized as a word. I could not find where or how this variable was used. See attached code. Any ideas?

Using Jon's code and modifying it and using a 4X20 LCD. I added code to check the time it takes a kiln rise in temperature from room temperature to TempFinal0 thru TempFinal10, defined as constants. I manually change the code to use the TempFinal constant I was interested in checking. I used timer code, that although not as accurate as a clock or stop watch, seems to only be about 1 second slow per hour. When the kiln reaches the FinalTemp constant designated, the program stops and the elapsed time and temperature is displayed on the LCD. This is accomplished by setting up the LCD before running the main program and in the main only up-dating the values of the variables on the display.

Code attached for Jon's Measure High, Measure Low as updated to run on a BS2PX and my adapted code. If I have posted this in the wrong forum please move.