Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp not found — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp not found

pirata000pirata000 Posts: 3
edited 2010-10-06 12:19 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all,
i have buyed a boe bot kit last week. It's amazing, but sometimes when i want to run a programm, i found two kind of problems.
- The identification failed, and i see the error "Basic Stamp Not Found"
- The identification not failed, but the stamp is not identified. I attached an image to make sense.
What is the reason of that?

Thanks a lot :)
378 x 171 - 14K

Comments

• pirata000pirata000 Posts: 3
    edited 2010-10-06 05:58
    I add some information. I have a basic stamp 2 on a board of education rev D (purchased on september 2010). I have tried to connect it to a computer by ubs for the first time with success. After i have runned some program, and now i cannot run other program because the Basic Stamp Editor doesn't recognise the basic stamp 2.

When I open the Basic Stamp Editor v2.5, it shows that: COM3 Device Type: (empty) Version (empty) Loopback: yes Echo: yes
  • ctdahlectdahle Posts: 29
    edited 2010-10-06 06:56
    I was having the same problem a couple of days ago. Here is the thread where I listed the things that people suggested I try. I finally got it working again yesterday.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?t=126094
  • pirata000pirata000 Posts: 3
    edited 2010-10-06 08:33
    now it works, but i have understood that maybe the problem is related to the program.

If I run:
    counter VAR Byte
    FOR counter = 1 TO 100
    PULSOUT 12, 650
    PULSOUT 13, 850
    PAUSE 20
    NEXT

FOR counter = 1 TO 200
    PULSOUT 13, 650
    PULSOUT 12, 850
    PAUSE 20
    NEXT

END

only the first "for" is runned. Why?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-10-06 11:47
    The only explanation that makes sense is that you have some kind of power problem. Perhaps you're running from a battery and the battery is weak.

There is nothing wrong with the little program you showed.

The main reasons why a Stamp is "Not Found" is that there is inadequate power or there is something wrong with the serial connection to the PC, often a defective or inadequate USB to serial adapter, sometimes the wrong USB driver is installed.
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2010-10-06 12:19
    It isn't clear from your initial message if you have the USB version of the Board of Education #28850 or the Serial version #28150 with a USB to Serial adapter.

If you have the Serial version then what USB to Serial adapter are you using? Those adapters aren't all created equal. In general I try to just use ones based on the FTDI chipset. Those seem to work the best for Stamp programming and also may other applications.

If you look at the properties of the USB to Serial adapter does it show what chipset is used?

Robert