Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Triggering — Parallax Forums

Triggering

irkgreenirkgreen Posts: 4
edited 2010-10-05 15:43 in Accessories
I was wondering if someone could help me figure what I am doing wrong with triggering.

I have CH2 connected to +5 volts and the ground clip connected to ground. When I am running in non-trigger mode I can see a plus +5 red line and when I remove the channel 2 from +5 and ground it I see the red line dip to 0 volts. Works great.

When I try I step trigger mode nothing works. I have mode=step, edge = fall, level = auto (I also tried 4.8 and 1 volt by dragging the yellow cursor), source = ch2.

The 'click to run' button next to step does nothing.

While in step (or continuous) mode, i simply repeat the grounding expecting to activate a trigger.

Am I missing something?

Thanks all

Comments

• irkgreenirkgreen Posts: 4
    edited 2010-10-04 16:50
    Wow... just realized there's a version 112 out there. That seems to work. I am still a fair bit confused. I think I got my test circuit understood, but now I am trying to connect to the Tx and GRD of a serial device (4800 8,1,n). I don't seem to see what I think I should.

Noob here.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-10-04 17:03
    Can you expand on what you think you should see? Maybe a screenshot to look at?

Jim
    irkgreen wrote: »
    Wow... just realized there's a version 112 out there. That seems to work. I am still a fair bit confused. I think I got my test circuit understood, but now I am trying to connect to the Tx and GRD of a serial device (4800 8,1,n). I don't seem to see what I think I should.

Noob here.
    edited 2010-10-04 17:12
    This is what I see. I expect to see the letter "A" in binary. Should I be using the logic analyzer?
    917 x 975 - 252K
    edited 2010-10-05 14:31
    Sorry I did not get a chance to reply last night.

I think you might be looking for a serial protocol analyzer. The Propscope does not have that ability right now. I believe the programmer for the product is heading in that direction for new software updates.

Here is a good read on Asynchronous Serial Communication for the Propscope:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?t=124645

Jim
    This is what I see. I expect to see the letter "A" in binary. Should I be using the logic analyzer?
    edited 2010-10-05 15:37
    Thanks! That is exactly what i needed. I know see the letter A.
    987 x 974 - 249K
    edited 2010-10-05 15:43
    Great! I though you were looking for a binary representation on the screen, (01000001).

Hopefully Hanno is working on this along with I2C decoding.

Jim
    Thanks! That is exactly what i needed. I know see the letter A.