Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gm862-gps — Parallax Forums

Gm862-gps

Kevin BrownKevin Brown Posts: 44
edited 2010-10-07 08:21 in Accessories
I have this module on a breakout board and have been able to establish communications and make all other configurations to get the up and working. When I try to configure event monitoring or smsatrun I get an error.I've gone through the application notes several times and it seems very straightforward and have been able to easily configure everything else on the module. I know I am missing something stupid I'm guessing I need to enable some other service like cmux were something else I just have not been able to find it in the documentation any help would be greatly appreciated

Kevin

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-10-01 18:17
    Show us your code and connections so we can help.
  • Kevin BrownKevin Brown Posts: 44
    edited 2010-10-02 21:34
    there is really not much to show I'm using a Spark fun usb demo board for the GSM module I am using AT commands to configure the module from my PC/hyper terminal. The event monitor and AT run commands are not available in the module. I am looking for the AT command that will enable those services on the module I have found the AT#ENS which enabled several more options. But I am stuck on how to enable the event monitoring and AT run services on the module. I have been through the Telit documentation on event monitoring/ At Run several times, I am missing it somewhere.

Thanks
    Kevin
    edited 2010-10-03 09:17
    I'm using a Spark fun usb demo board for the GSM module
    Part number?
    edited 2010-10-03 09:44
    edited 2010-10-03 10:03
    I found that thanks

I could not find it you would think it would be in that doc.

when I run AT#CLAP to list the available at commands they are not listed I am missing something like AT#ENS that enables several more options I know I am missing something very simple but it has me stopped dead in my tracks.......LOL

Kevin
    edited 2010-10-06 19:24
    after several days in many more e-mails I finally received an answer back from Telit. The problem is quite simple the GM 862-GPS does not offer those functions in North America. That is great it would really be nice if their documentation reflected that, it would have saved me almost a grand. It really irks me when companies do things like that, I've bought my last Telit module
  • Shawn LoweShawn Lowe Posts: 635
    edited 2010-10-07 08:21
    after several days in many more e-mails I finally received an answer back from Telit. The problem is quite simple the GM 862-GPS does not offer those functions in North America. That is great it would really be nice if their documentation reflected that, it would have saved me almost a grand. It really irks me when companies do things like that, I've bought my last Telit module

Sorry to hear that.