Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Editor 2.5 not saving BS2P poll programs — Parallax Forums

Editor 2.5 not saving BS2P poll programs

sparky01sparky01 Posts: 14
edited 2010-10-03 14:18 in BASIC Stamp
When I go to load a program in "Directive" at top of a poll program I get a msg. "Program C:....program name.bsp not found"
This happens when I attempt to load in any program slot except 0(the program with attempted directory loading is in slot 0).
The program I am attempting to place in the directive has been saved but WILL NOT show up in the BS2P directory no matter how many times I attempt to "save to" or "save as" in "file" on upper left after clicking file!

The program will also not show up in the list of BS2P programs in lower left.

However it DOES show up in list of programs in upper left when file is clicked!

Suggestions please.

TIA

ps my first post to forum:smilewinkgrin:

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-09-29 18:45
    Where is it saved? What OS are you using?
  • sparky01sparky01 Posts: 14
    edited 2010-09-30 05:53
    I think I solved the problem!?!?

Thankyou for fast response.

When using BS2P "Polled" programs, it appears that one must first save each prog. to the BS2P program directory.
    (CK. DIRECTORY TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THERE)

Then second: Open your main program and it goes automatically in slot 0.

Then put each of the programs that you previously saved and wish to be polled into the "Directive" at top in format: {$STAMP BS2P, PROG.1, PROG2.,...ECT.}. The progs.s should go into slots 1, 2, ...ect.

Doing this seems to have solved problem.
    Comments are still appreciated.

TIA
    edited 2010-10-03 13:09
    PROBLEM NOT SOLVED!?!?
    Attempted to write program in slot 1 of the program in slot 0's directive and it will not accept it.

The program to go in slot 1 is an updated version of a Jon Williams program that was downloaded.
    It was in .bsx format when downloaded and I have saved to Bs2p directory.

When I load the program to the Editor screen, the tab at top says "0:PROGRAM NAME.bsx" and not "bsp" !?!?(even though in BS2P Program directory). I am not sure why the program will not load into slot 1 of the "Directive" of program in slot 0 but suspect it may be related to the fact it says ".bsx" (instead of ".bsp") even though comes from BS2P Directory.

Can someone tell me how to change the".bsx" to ".bsp"(or ".bs2p"?).
    This may solve the Directive loading problem!?!?

(or it may not, if so other sugestions?:idea:)

TIA
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-10-03 13:11
    Where is the program? How can we comment on the program if it is not posted for us to see?
    edited 2010-10-03 14:18
    Sorry bout not posting.

I think I solved problem a 2nd time.

All "POLLED" programs must be of same "file type".

In other words one can not have ".bsx" as one type and ".bsp" as other type
    of program.

To change a program's file type: go to the program Directory for ex. BS2P by using "file" on upper left of Editor and "open from". Then load program in "Open Window" and change file type by using "files of type" and drop down menu (below open window).

The polled programs would all load in the "Directive" after they were changed to same file type!:lol: