Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Multiple PINKs on same network ? — Parallax Forums

Multiple PINKs on same network ?

JimKJimK Posts: 21
edited 2010-12-10 12:26 in BASIC Stamp
I've had a PINK running for several years with no problems and recently bought a second one for a different project (firmware on the new one is 1.33). I assigned each one a unique static IP and am using a linksys wrt54g router.

Under the linksys setup I originally added under appl/games, port range forward, a entry for 80-80 and pointed it to 192.168.2.120 which is the static IP of PINK #1. For the PINK #2 I used port 90-90 and pointed it to 192.168.2.125.

I can access either pink internally by going to it's IP and it brings up a simple htm file I placed on the PINK device. The problem is when I try to access PINK #2 from the outside it does not find it. If I swap the entries in the linksys I can get to the new device. One thought is each device has to listen on a different port ?

I also have webcam and looking at the config for that I specified a port number (5000) in addition to the static IP for that.

My question is do I have to specify a different port number for PINK #2. I saw in the netburner doc they seem to have a place to do this

http://www.netburner.com/downloads/sb70/SB70UsersManual.pdf

but I cannot find a way to set it on the PINK device. Has anyone ever run more than one PINK and been able to access them both from the internet ?

thanks !

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-09-29 21:38
    If you are using ANY port other than 80 or 443 for HTTPS, you must add the port to the end of the ip address: IE. 192.168.1.120:90

If i am not mistaken, however, the PINK port can not be changed, unless that issue has been resolved. The default is 80, so outside is not going to see it.
  • Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2010-12-01 18:17
    JimK wrote: »
    I've had a PINK running for several years with no problems and recently bought a second one for a different project (firmware on the new one is 1.33). I assigned each one a unique static IP and am using a linksys wrt54g router.

Under the linksys setup I originally added under appl/games, port range forward, a entry for 80-80 and pointed it to 192.168.2.120 which is the static IP of PINK #1. For the PINK #2 I used port 90-90 and pointed it to 192.168.2.125.

I can access either pink internally by going to it's IP and it brings up a simple htm file I placed on the PINK device. The problem is when I try to access PINK #2 from the outside it does not find it. If I swap the entries in the linksys I can get to the new device. One thought is each device has to listen on a different port ?

I also have webcam and looking at the config for that I specified a port number (5000) in addition to the static IP for that.

My question is do I have to specify a different port number for PINK #2. I saw in the netburner doc they seem to have a place to do this

http://www.netburner.com/downloads/sb70/SB70UsersManual.pdf

but I cannot find a way to set it on the PINK device. Has anyone ever run more than one PINK and been able to access them both from the internet ?

thanks !

If your router supports "Single port forward" which is different than "Port Rang Forward" you can set it so if you request http://your.no-ip.org:1500 it sees the port request and you forward it to your internal IP address 192.168.1.107. Then you can add additional PINK's on the same network

Set the Single Port Forward like:

external port 1500
    internal port 80
    to IP Address 192.168.1.107

Your internal IP address will have to coincide with your pink you want to reach and you will have to have a redirect service otherwise you will have to know your internet IP address.

Hope this helps
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-12-09 18:57
    Mike2545, Unless I am mistaken, the wrt54g does not have that capability.
  • Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2010-12-10 12:26
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    Mike2545, Unless I am mistaken, the wrt54g does not have that capability.

Yeah I had that exact router, I thought it had corrupted firmware, so I upgraded, now I dont have that problem anymore.