Hong Kong Robot — Parallax Forums

Hong Kong Robot

HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
edited 2011-02-22 05:53 in Robotics
30856_1435416295383_1532239069_31074326_4739267_n.jpg

Comments

• P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2010-09-19 20:31
    You make that? If so, cool. If not, I'll start naming off all the mechanical problems ;)
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-09-19 21:35
    pi'd: You got a problem with 97 servos? :)
    edited 2010-09-20 06:11
    No, just build errors. Androids are my favorite kind of robot you know.
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2010-09-20 12:02
    pi'd wrote: »
    No, just build errors. Androids are my favorite kind of robot you know.
    Pi'd, humanoids are my favorite robots too! No need to mention build errors as its a hobby project and took a major undertaking and significant effort to create from scratch. Actually, I'd like to hear about the good points of this robot. Can you do that? There's many positive things about this fantastic humanoid. As Erco mentioned, just look at the innovative introduction of a high number of servos. You can find the builder by trace-back on the pic and reply to him directly by pm on the robotics forum.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs525.ash1/30856_1435416295383_1532239069_31074326_4739267_n.jpg

However, I didn't know you were interested in humanoid robots. Do you have any that you've created which can be shown here in the Parallax Robotics Forum?
    edited 2010-09-22 18:33
    Good points:
    -built with nice metal parts
    -no ugly plastic shell
    -many types of movements available with the servos

That's all I can think of, nothing else is out of the ordinary. Well, except maybe for the bulb on front.

As for my experience with walking robots, I have never built one. However, much of my high school years has been figuring out how I will. I'm not cirtain how much money I will need to start out, perhaps 5k or 10k. My robot will have many servos, on the valves. It's engine will be a solid core quickly converting water into steam, possibly with biodiesel (my latest obsession). The steam will be stored and kept at a reasonably stable pressure where it will be consumed by many servo operated valves directing it to a pneumatic to hydraulic conversion rams where the fluid can then be transported to the limb. This will create standard muscle movements with various sensors to detect the pressure and position on each limb. I could go on but the parts from here, including the control system, are invariably going to change many times by the time I actually get building, so I might as well spare you a few seconds of reading by leaving them out.
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2010-09-23 10:41
    pi'd wrote: »
    Good points:
    -built with nice metal parts
    -no ugly plastic shell
    -many types of movements available with the servos

That's all I can think of, nothing else is out of the ordinary. Well, except maybe for the bulb on front.

As for my experience with walking robots, I have never built one. However, much of my high school years has been figuring out how I will. I'm not cirtain how much money I will need to start out, perhaps 5k or 10k. My robot will have many servos, on the valves. It's engine will be a solid core quickly converting water into steam, possibly with biodiesel (my latest obsession). The steam will be stored and kept at a reasonably stable pressure where it will be consumed by many servo operated valves directing it to a pneumatic to hydraulic conversion rams where the fluid can then be transported to the limb. This will create standard muscle movements with various sensors to detect the pressure and position on each limb. I could go on but the parts from here, including the control system, are invariably going to change many times by the time I actually get building, so I might as well spare you a few seconds of reading by leaving them out.
    The HK robot looks cool! That would be first on my list. Your robot idea sounds like a fantastic project. I can almost imagine the sounds it will make with steam engaging the mobility mechanisms and the possible clanking of steam valves opening and closing. It also sounds like it will be large, a giant robot? - large enough to hold a boiler, valves and distro channels. You can get some ideas from projects in old boiler books and on the web.

Anatomy of a antique traction engine boiler
    edited 2010-09-23 19:46
    Maybe 300 to 400 pounds. Depends on how much of it I choose to build with aluminum. May be lighter, but it doubles the cost and increases the complexity to weld it.
  • BloodKeithBloodKeith Posts: 1
    edited 2011-02-22 05:53
    Hello Pal,

this is my Robot TK03,
    you can visit my blog http://bloodkeith.wordpress.com ,
    I'm building a spider robot with gun TK04 Torre