Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
White House Backs Robotics Initiative — Parallax Forums

White House Backs Robotics Initiative

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
edited 2010-09-16 21:56 in Learn with BlocklyProp
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/09/16/president-obama-announce-major-expansion-educate-innovate-campaign-impro

Significant announcement from the Obama administration this morning.

Ken Gracey
Parallax Inc.

Comments

• RavenkallenRavenkallen Posts: 1,057
    edited 2010-09-16 10:59
    I am not sure Obama will live up to your expectations(I am not trying to start a political conflict). He has promised to start the "green" initiative and has promised to give us alternative energy...So far he has not lived up to those promises. He has spent a bunch of money on things like health care and cash for clunkers, when he could have been spending it on more worthwhile pursuits(Like this one) ...i think(this is just my opinion) that he is just trying to kiss up to voters to help his friends in November....I bet you could guess that i didn't vote for him, haha
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-09-16 19:25
    Drat! I was hoping this would be about about NASA and ramping up the effort to send robots into space at the expense of over-budget manned missions. Who hasn't been rooting for Spirit and Opportunity all these years? The nice thing about robots in space is that we don't have to bring them back. (Poor robots!)

Still, and even if incompletely realized, the initiative announced provides a much-needed boost to scientific and technical education in the U.S. For that reason alone, it should be received with open arms. I hope it succeeds.

-Phil
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2010-09-16 20:29
    With the debates coming up the robots will probably be more like these:

http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/12566.aspx

Start building!

Robert
  • RavenkallenRavenkallen Posts: 1,057
    edited 2010-09-16 21:56
    @robot workshop.... i call the blue one, haha