Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Random 1s and 0s — Parallax Forums

Random 1s and 0s

redx475redx475 Posts: 2
edited 2010-09-08 15:03 in BASIC Stamp
I seem to have a very weird problem with my BS2. I tried this with a homework board and a BOE bot. I hooked up a few wires (one to Vdd and one to p10), then put longer wires on (which had aligator clips on them) to extend the wires that came with the kits.

I ran this program:
' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}

DO

DEBUG ? IN10
  PAUSE 250

LOOP

And even when the ends of the wires are apart, and nothing is nearbye, it starts spitting out 1s and 0s (something like 8 1s then 8 0s) until I turn it off.

Anyone have any idea why?

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-09-08 13:45
    If you don't have the pin connected to anything and set as an input it will 'float' and you will see what you have been seeing. Put a 10k resistor to the side you want to see (+5v or GND) and that should stop.
  • redx475redx475 Posts: 2
    edited 2010-09-08 14:26
    I put a 10k (brown black orange I believe) on one side, it still acted weird. Did it to the other side. Nope. Still happening.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Figured it out.
  • IroneIrone Posts: 116
    edited 2010-09-08 15:03
    How Ya Doin'?
    If you attached a brown, black and orange resistor you have done what Franklin told you to do. You then said it did not work. Then you wrote never mind I have figured it out. I am happy you figured it out, but I do not like the period at the end of your sentence. If you look at the times I have used or answered the forums you will see it is a small number. I am just new at BS2 and come to these forums for information. I figured it out with a period at the end means you know something and I do not. I envy you, please share.