Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
stamp controlling a RC esc — Parallax Forums

stamp controlling a RC esc

danhoskindanhoskin Posts: 2
edited 2010-09-06 14:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

My son and I are trying to get a 'Proboat' electronic speed control to work with our bs2 on the boe-bot board. It does not respond to standard servo signals and I am assuming that it requires a different frequency or something. Any advice on how to get it running?

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2010-09-06 07:41
    You'll get better help if you include a link to the exact device you're using, and ideally, to a place where some documentation can be found. I did a quick Google search, and it looks like there are a couple of different models.

It's an interesting question, and I look forward to seeing the responses.
  • danhoskindanhoskin Posts: 2
    edited 2010-09-06 09:54
    The esc is a Proboat 7.2-12volt with proportional forward and reverse. 1000hz frequency. The documentation for it is here:

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/TechnicalSpecs.aspx?ProdID=PRB2314

We actually got it to spin a few minutes ago with the following code, but it will not do it again. I am assuming that because the esc documentation specifies how to 'program' it, that this step has something to do with it.

do
    pulsout 12,650
    pause 20
    loop

Thanks,
    Dan
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-09-06 14:53
    Check out http://www.rcplanet.com/Pro_Boat_Waterproof_ESC_with_Reverse_p/prb2314.htm

Looks like you have to "program" it with a full forward and reverse command every time you power up, so add that routine at the start of your program:

Automatic setup - no programming required

Set up is as simple as turning on the transmitter, turning on the receiver and moving the throttle to full forward, then full reverse. The speed control automatically memorizes the initial movements and provides proportional control between the extremes