The most dumbest question... — Parallax Forums

The most dumbest question...

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2010-09-02 21:17
    Have you read the data sheet?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-09-02 21:17
    SparkFun has links to sample C code which you should eventually be able to translate into equivalent PBasic code. The sample code will let you exercise the functions of the module and learn about how it works, so you'll eventually be able to make it do what you want.

Along the way, you'll have to learn how to program in PBasic if you don't know that already and you'll have to learn all the things I listed in an earlier message as steps along the way.

SparkFun also has links to datasheets, application notes, and other information on this chip. When you find things you don't understand, ask specific questions. You might also try to find out the answers yourself from sources like the Wikipedia or making a Google or Bing search.

Parallax has Nuts and Volts Columns for downloading. They also have lots of tutorials in their Stamps in Class series. You can learn a lot by working through the exercises there and in the StampWorks tutorial.
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2010-09-03 04:03
    Also, many of the Basic Stamp 2 versions do not include an I2C command built in. If you Google "Basic Stamp I2C" you should be able to get some code to bit bash support for it. After that a C example should let you see the protocol they are using to issue commands to the device.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2010-09-03 11:50
    There are a couple of documents that sparkfun haven't made available on the webpage, request that they email them to you.

What information were you expecting that wasn't provided to you previously? http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?t=125104

Do you figure that someone has done what you want to do already and that they might turn you on to it all?
  • StratusStratus Posts: 12
    edited 2010-09-03 19:44
    If someone knew how to do this i would not want them to tell me, just give me tips or hint on how to do it, that way i learn and not just copy and forget. Pj allen.
    I guess will have to research and ask sparkfun for documents.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2010-09-03 19:52
    Well, I gave you hints, that's for sure. So have others. I got that info; you can, too.
    It's a handful. If it gets done with a BasicStamp then yours will likely be the first.