Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wall in a Box? — Parallax Forums

Wall in a Box?

akalatiakalati Posts: 31
edited 2010-09-01 08:41 in BASIC Stamp
Greetings fellow Parallaxers,

I've got a prototype for a wall switch, which is mountable onto a standard electrical box and would like to demo it in an efficient way. Problem is, I can't walk into someone's office and start wiring the device to his existing wall switch. I thought the perfect solution was a "demo box" which has: A/C cord that connects to an outlet -> electric/junction box to allow for mounting the prototype -> A/C hot in and hot out to "fixture" (next item); A/C outlet (female) allowing connection of any device (which will be simulating the fixture attached to the wall switch).

I was wondering if anyone has come across something like this, in an "off the shelf" format so that I don't have to build one.

Thanks much for any feedback that leads me down the right path. If a different forum is a better place for this, please advise and I will move it there.

Andy

Comments

• Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
    edited 2010-09-01 08:41
    Yea man. One trip to Lowes will fix you right up. They have the boxes with knockouts, chord grips and an appliance cord. You could have it built in 20 minutes max.

I don't think I've seen a ready made unit like this though. It's an easy build.

This would probably have been better posted in the "Sandbox" section :)