Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
It seems there are different dimensions for the same chip at Parallax web, Help. — Parallax Forums

It seems there are different dimensions for the same chip at Parallax web, Help.

JoeJoe Posts: 184
edited 2010-08-28 11:56 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

It seems that there are different dimensions
for the same chip at Parallax web site.

I need to know about the dimensions of the
BASIC Stamp 2pe Interpreter Chip (TQFP).
I can read that the dimensions are:
Dimensions: 0.33 x 0.33 x 0.05 in (8.55 x 8.55 x 1.4 mm)

But,
I found that the SX48BD-G (Lead-free)
dimensions are:
0.35 x 0.35 x 0.06 in (9 x 9 x 1.45 mm)

I need to know if they have the same dimensions
or not . I thought these chips must have same dimensions.

Could you confirm this please?

Thanks, Joe

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-08-27 12:00
    How do you know they are the same chip? The sx is probably not programmed and won't work in a stamp if it is not.
  • velociostrichvelociostrich Posts: 40
    edited 2010-08-27 12:37
    Franklin wrote: »
    How do you know they are the same chip? The sx is probably not programmed and won't work in a stamp if it is not.

I think his point was that both are TQFP packages and should, thus, have the same dimensions, but they are listed otherwise. I don't know which dimensions are correct, but Franklin is correct in pointing out that the SX does not come preprogrammed as a BASIC Stamp interpreter chip.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 184
    edited 2010-08-27 13:28
    Yes,

I would like to design my own Basic Stamp and
    I don't understand about the dimensions since
    both are the same chip from Ubicom.

For this reason I have this doubt and I can't
    solve it.

If you have more information please post
    here.

Thanks, Joe
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2010-08-27 14:20
    They are the same chip. Except for the vanilla BS2, the Stamps are based on the SX microcontroller. The only difference is that the Stamp interpreter is pre-flashed with the SX "program" that makes it a Stamp, as opposed to an off-the-shelf SX which is meant to be flashed with whatever program you want.

In either case, a standard TQFP footprint and package dimensions should apply.
  • electrosyselectrosys Posts: 212
    edited 2010-08-28 11:56
    I too a little confuse whit SX48 dimensions, here at Parallax warranty(SX48 datasheet) SX48 stands as LQFP! But at the Parallax SX48 pages, SX48 stands as TQFP!

SX48 datasheet:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/datast/SX48BD-Data-v1.5.pdf
    678 x 800 - 89K