Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLX-DAQ code question — Parallax Forums

PLX-DAQ code question

UWSPUWSP Posts: 15
edited 2010-08-24 09:42 in BASIC Stamp
I have a project That I need some assistance with. I will have 8 stamps with sensors on them. The stamps have XBee Pro 60m chip transceivers. The stamps will take data every 15 minutes and send after the EEPROM is full to PLX-DAQ. Each will continue to dump data into PLX-DAQ for a long time.

The problem I have now is that after it's goes through one cycle, it will rewrite the data that was already there.

Another thing is that I want each node to have a different set of columns that they can use. Like node 1 can use A-C, node 2 D-F, node 3 H-J, etc...

I figure there must be codes for this, but I am not exactly sure how.

I have included my code.

Thanks!

Comments

• sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2010-08-24 09:42
    On the receiving end you just have your processor receive the data from each node into a different variable, and then write all of those variables to PLX_DAQ.

Your code seems to be reading an EEPROM, not serial input from an XBee. You're going to need to set up the XBee to do polling of your nodes, one at a time, reading the values from each node into separate variables, and then when you have those values, have a PLX_DAQ statement that writes all of those values into Excel.