Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spastic Boe-Bot — Parallax Forums

Spastic Boe-Bot

arogerosarogeros Posts: 2
edited 2010-08-20 12:07 in Robotics
Hello,

I have been working with IR sensors for navigation on a Boe-Bot. So I set it to zone 2 or 3 or however close I want it to get to an object before it moves in whatever way I have told it, e.g., avoid or follow. When it gets to the edge of the assigned range it will spas out, jerking back and forth and side to side without actually moving anywhere. If I have it following say a piece of paper and keep it well within range it follows fine but just to let it roam it will always reach that point that it can't decide what to do. I tried altering the program to wait different amounts of time before taking another IR reading but that just made it spas slower. I also messed with tuning the frequencies from the appendix in the Robotics book that came with it and one sensor acted just right but the other was very erratic across the whole range. I couldn't find a reliable range to work with.

So, after all that, my question is: do I need to get a new sensor or is there something else I can try first?

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2010-08-20 12:07
    Attach your code (full program), and if possible a schematic of your setup. Otherwise it's really hard to tell what may happening.