Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Inventing — Parallax Forums

Inventing

Brian BBrian B Posts: 31
edited 2010-08-16 08:20 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I really like using the pbasic code and all it offers but I'm into inventing and I'm guessing that the BS2 module is patented, does anyone know of another module I can use as the brains of my future projects. I don't care if the programing language is somewhat different from pbasic I also know a little about c++ if that helps. Thanks

Comments

• P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2010-08-13 01:49
    I don't get what you mean. Any processor you try using in your project instead will be patented as well.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2010-08-13 08:22
    Hello Brian,

Our products are designed and intended to be used in your inventions. That's why we're in business. Anything we design and manufacture is intended for such a purpose.

Follow your dreams!
  • Tony B.Tony B. Posts: 356
    edited 2010-08-13 10:44
    You may want to take a look at this page in the Parallax store http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampOEM/tabid/135/List/0/CategoryID/10/Level/a/SortField/0/Default.aspx

It would be the kind of products I think you would be looking to use once you are done with your prototype.

Tony
  • Brian BBrian B Posts: 31
    edited 2010-08-14 00:11
    Thanks Ken. That helps alot. I was woried I would have to design a module and i'm not that good at electronics.
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2010-08-14 23:59
    As I always say, Ken knows best (actually, I think this is the first time).

It will be great seeing what you come out with, do come back and post when you make something cool! Who knows, if you're an inventor then the people here may just be your first customers.
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2010-08-15 06:16
    Hello Brian, Our products are designed and intended to be used in your inventions. That's why we're in business. Anything we design and manufacture is intended for such a purpose. Follow your dreams!
    That's one of the greatest things about Parallax!

Humanoido
  • Brian BBrian B Posts: 31
    edited 2010-08-15 22:48
    Humanoido wrote: »
    That's one of the greatest things about Parallax!

Humanoido

I agree so much
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-08-16 08:20
    Do consider the Propeller. There's a free C compiler available (Catalina) in addition to Spin and assembly language. There's also a free PBasic-like compiler (PropBasic).