Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot Push Button Tact Switch — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot Push Button Tact Switch

arogerosarogeros Posts: 2
edited 2010-08-12 09:01 in Accessories
I'm almost through with the Robotics with the Boe-Bot book that came with my Boe-Bot kit. I've used almost every part that came with it at one time or another, except these two little push button tact switches. None of the Boe-Bot kit parts lists have these on them. I found them in the store but there isn't much information about them, especially not how to use them.

In short, my question is: toward what ends can I use these and where can I find example code that deals with these types of switches?

I've looked all over and just can't figure this out, so any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-08-12 08:43
    Take a look at the code for "BUTTON" and you can use them anywhere you need to have an input from the real world. What you do with them is up to you. If you don't need them you don't have to. You will come up with a use as you progress.
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2010-08-12 09:01
    You can read about pushbuttons in "What's a Microcontroller?" - the PDF is included with the BASIC Stamp Editor Help v2.5. The pushbuttons are a lot like the whiskers on the Boe-Bot, in that a physical object pushes on the part to make an electrical contact that is then sensed by the BASIC Stamp.