Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
(Untitled) — Parallax Forums

(Untitled)

alnajjaralnajjar Posts: 12
edited 2010-08-05 11:30 in BASIC Stamp
I have used the BS2 extensively but been out of practice for 4 years.· Looking madly through the manual, I can't find the simple command for addressing multiple pins simultanously.· I recal that there is a command for turning all pins 0-7 or 8-15 on/off or in any combination.

can anyone remind me please, or is it just my imagination?

Al

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-08-05 02:05
    There's no specific command, but there are predefined names for groups of pins. For example, INL, DIRL, and OUTL are the names for pins 0-7 for input, I/O direction, and output respectively. There are names for groups of 8 and 4 bits as well as names for the individual bits. There's a chart on page 83 of the Reference Manual and the same chart should be in the Stamp Editor help files as well.

You can assign values to these names or use them in any expression like any other 8, 4, or single bit value.
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2010-08-05 02:14
    Heres a link to the syntax and reference manual

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············___$WMc%___···························· BoogerWoods, FL. USA

want speed?·want·to use the Propeller?·want to stay with BASIC___www.propbasic.com___

You can feel stupid by asking a stupid question or You can be really·stupid by not asking at all.

·
  • alnajjaralnajjar Posts: 12
    edited 2010-08-05 11:30
    many thanks...