Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Please read before laughing!! — Parallax Forums

Please read before laughing!!

BabaBaba Posts: 9
edited 2010-07-29 17:52 in BASIC Stamp
I have reached saturation with a project! Basically, for some months, I have been adapting, machining, writing/rewrting code for my BS2 interfaced to an old, but unused, Cross Digital Writing Pad (circa 1999)---so far, my goal has been to adapt the pad to·my X-Y plotter table driven by servos (I made the table)--in turn, I have devised a holder for the CROSS pen (and) tablet that allows me to define coordinates on the CROSS PAD(mounted on table·driven by the servos)·and eventually transmit coordinates from a region that is active on the PEN/PAD location into my HP Presario/Vista ---Admittedly, I have had several difficulties:
A) tough time·interpreting the CODE from Patent #5,225,637! (but some times·gives results·as expected with my BS2!)
B) very quickly finding out my BS2 is wholely inadequate for any but the simplest runs! (but it does work!)
C) The CROSS pad is obsolete and sells for anywhere from $25--$50 on Ebay--so, no worry about expense or upgrading!
D) Was able to adapt the CROSS pad RS232 to my USB input--(works fine)
E) It took some time before I·wised up and·shielded the CROSS Pen RF (455KHZ) to keep it out of the BS2!!

The point of all this fun and piddling around? I have had·limited success with DEFINING·a SMALL area (related to my shop floor--about 12x18 feet--scale is about 1/2"= 1 foot)·on the CROSS pad---driving x-y servos (carrying CROSS RF PEN on CROSS tablet) to that SMALL·area----and xmitting info to my PC that drives my combo Infrared/Laser direction finding Robot---I have successfully driven the robot within inches of the EXPANDED area of my shop floor--
I don't have much more than that to indicate progress!!

OK--OK--laughing and·ridicule is now permissible!! Bob

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2010-07-27 22:19
    I'd really like to see that! Any pictures or video?

Rich H

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Simple Servo Tester, a kit from Gadget Gangster.
  • BabaBaba Posts: 9
    edited 2010-07-29 17:52
    Rich: Thanks for note---Sorry for tardy update--had a doctors appt for hip surgery therapy--I am in process of gathering all my scribbled notes into a decent video description---I hope to have something in next few weeks, will post asap----incidentally, I am W7IUT--work mostly cw on 20 meters, but have been idle for long time due to hip surgery--My best to you, Bob