Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HTA (HTML Application) communication with Basic Stamps — Parallax Forums

HTA (HTML Application) communication with Basic Stamps

Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
edited 2010-08-10 07:08 in BASIC Stamp
I have seen many messages about commicating with stamps using Hyperterminal, Visual Basic, etc but I like using HMTL Applications (.hta).
This approach lets you use a visual interface·utilizing buttons, dropdowns, etc.

You can just doubleclick the HTA file ins Windows·Explorer·to execute it.

To make it easier to select a serial port, I wrote a DLL in VB6 (I'm sure it would be easy to do in other versions of VB) which lets me check which comm ports are available.

I am attaching the BS2 code, HTA file, and VB6 code for anyone who might want to explore this approach. The DLL is also included but you need the other VB6 support files (e.g. MSVBVM60.dll) which may already be in your Windows System32 directory.
640 x 368 - 15K

Comments

• Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
    edited 2010-07-27 16:24
    I left out a file from the ZIP which is the background image for the buttons on HTA window.· It needs to be in the folder with the .hta file.

I am attaching it in this post.

There may also be an issue using the CreateObject("MSCommLib.MSComm") statement unless you have the MSCOMM32.ocx file (and it's dependent files and·license)·which is installed with VB6.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-08-09 23:45
    Ron, Great idea. However, what is the name of the file that is not in the zip file? I only see a .gif file in your second post.
  • Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
    edited 2010-08-10 07:08
    The gif file was missing from the zip. It is used in the CSS as a background for the buttons.