Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Detecting LED with sensor — Parallax Forums

Detecting LED with sensor

iwont tellyouiwont tellyou Posts: 3
edited 2010-07-21 19:03 in BASIC Stamp
I am having some problems with programming a BASIC Stamp 2.0 to recognize a signal from an ultra-red LED. I have already tested the detector, and it works, but the signal is a particular frequency, so it switches a lot. My problem is that I don't know how to program the stamp to trigger something else whenever the signal is being picked up. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-07-21 16:47
    What detector? How are you generating the signal with the infra-red LED? These are all important to answer your question.

Read "IR Remote for the BoeBot Robot" for more information and code examples for infra-red communications and control.

www.parallax.com/tabid/535/Default.aspx
  • iwont tellyouiwont tellyou Posts: 3
    edited 2010-07-21 18:19
    I actually don't know what type of detector or transmitter, I'm just supposed to program it to recieve the signal and change the motor functions when the signal is detected
  • iwont tellyouiwont tellyou Posts: 3
    edited 2010-07-21 19:03
    NVM! That wasn't my problem at all! I couldn't get it to work because I was programming the wrong pin! Sry for any trouble that caused!
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-07-21 19:03
    Then that's your first thing to figure out -- WHAT LED, and what 'detector'. This stuff isn't magic, it's a methodical putting together of understood building blocks. If you don't understand one of the building blocks, and it doesn't work for you, then you're going to have to understand that building block well enough to get it to work.

Because if YOU don't know what detector you're using, WE certainly don't know either.

Edit: Ah, it looks like you found the problem, well done.

Post Edited (allanlane5) : 7/21/2010 7:10:12 PM GMT