Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Download Failure — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Download Failure

DharrisDharris Posts: 2
edited 2010-07-20 02:43 in BASIC Stamp
After sucessfully downloading the a program to the BS1, the program instantly erases when unplugging the program cable from the basic stamp. We have been using basic stamps for about 7 years now and have never seen this problem in the past. Can you give me any ideas on why this is happening?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-07-19 22:16
    There is no mechanism for this to happen. Can you give more information? I hope you're not unplugging the program cable with power applied. How can you tell that the program has been successfully downloaded and how can you tell that it's been instantly erased?

If you have a grounding problem, unplugging the programming cable might cause the BS1 to lose power, but that won't erase the program.
  • sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-07-20 02:43
    Dharris said...
    After sucessfully downloading the a program to the BS1, the program instantly erases when unplugging the program cable from the basic stamp. We have been using basic stamps for about 7 years now and have never seen this problem in the past. Can you give me any ideas on why this is happening?
    It's more likely the program is "halting" than it is "erasing"· (this program will now self-...)

You should connect to the programming port and, (making sure you have a debug statement in your program.)
    monitor·the·programs operation.· The cool/unchangeable thing about the bs1 is that the debug command also DUMPS·all ram data in it's output packets.· This let's you can see the values of all the variables with each debug output.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown