Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Time to upgrade to Propscope — Parallax Forums

Time to upgrade to Propscope

lardomlardom Posts: 1,659
edited 2010-07-28 03:29 in Accessories
This is just a comment. I bought a usb o'scope months ago and used it for the first time last night. I'm in the process of fine tuning a stepper driver circuit and I wanted to see noise,·glitches and ramping. I want more resolution. I'm not upset. I've gotten a great education from this company and this forum so I consider my usb o'scope purchase part of my tuition.·I just·need an advanced scope.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2010-07-20 04:05
    lardom, wait till you see the new PropScope book written by Andy. The original release was planned for August but it has been delayed. It consists of 400+ pages of PropScope measurement projects - and of course it will be a free download.

I'm talking with Aristides about posting a copy before final edits and printing. Apparently it still requires some software work from Hanno.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ken Gracey
    Parallax Inc.

Follow me at http://twitter.com/ParallaxKen for some insider news.
  • lardomlardom Posts: 1,659
    edited 2010-07-20 05:45
    A reply from Ken Gracey·has made·my day. I'm having fun and as corny as it may seem (I can be corny) I'd like to extend a digital handshake!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2010-07-20 14:20
    Aww, thanks lardom. Digital handshake is hereby extended. Shake, shake!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ken Gracey
    Parallax Inc.

Follow me at http://twitter.com/ParallaxKen for some insider news.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-07-20 17:16
    This is great news!

Come on Ken, not even a sneak peek at Chapter One?

Jim
    Ken Gracey (Parallax) said...
    lardom, wait till you see the new PropScope book written by Andy. The original release was planned for August but it has been delayed. It consists of 400+ pages of PropScope measurement projects - and of course it will be a free download.

I'm talking with Aristides about posting a copy before final edits and printing. Apparently it still requires some software work from Hanno.
  • mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2010-07-21 00:33
    Hey Ken that would be awesome I can't believe you guys are coming out with that it is something I had on my wish list for a very long time but there was really nothing that peeked my intrest I will be the first in line to buy

you guys should do a pre order for stuff like this so we can just order it and wait for it to show up
  • Aristides AlvarezAristides Alvarez Posts: 486
    edited 2010-07-22 04:03
    And Ken was not kidding.

Please check this thread:
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=924528

Enjoy!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Aristides Alvarez
    Education Manager
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Aristides Alvarez (Parallax)) : 7/22/2010 4:09:37 AM GMT
  • HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-07-22 04:14
    I'm very excited about the combination of Andy's new book and PropScope- together they're the perfect package for people who've been aching to get into electronics. Great job Andy!
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Co-author of the official Propeller Guide- available at Amazon
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    12Blocks, the block-based programming environment (thread here)
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
  • Billy LBilly L Posts: 1
    edited 2010-07-28 03:29
    Aristides Alvarez (Parallax) said...
    And Ken was not kidding.

Please check this thread:
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=924528

Enjoy!
    Such a very amazing link!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Watch Charlie St. Cloud Online Free