Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Load Cell Setup — Parallax Forums

Load Cell Setup

StormKing09StormKing09 Posts: 29
edited 2010-07-16 01:23 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to design·an electronic circuit using a BASIC Stamp. The design incorporates a load cell. The load cell needs to detect kicking force of the human leg to tell the system what to do with the rest of the circuit. It also needs to fit in a space of about 2"x3"x.25"(W*L*H). I need to know where to get such a load cell, and how to incorperate it into my PBASIC Code. Can anyone help?

Comments

• dredre Posts: 106
    edited 2010-07-16 01:23
    Hi,
    In addition to the need for high amplification and analog-to-digital conversion, I believe
    you will have to consider the dynamic nature of you application and the frequency
    limitations of the Stamp. Someone else will have to address that aspect. I seem to recall
    that someone produced an ic which captured the maximum value of a high frequency
    signal but I do not have an web site.
    My approach to amplification is the INA125 ic. I have commented on this under a thread
    under Sensors entitled 'Strain Gage Amplification'.

You can purchase load cells from many sources, including e-bay. You requirement on
    size might dictate designing/building your own. You have to have some
    mechanical/material inclination but many special purpose cells have solved unique
    problems. Here is a site of a 'home-built' load cell:

http://www.nakka-rocketry.net/strainlc.html

If I can be of further help in regard to load cells please let me know.

cheers, David