arduino

ervinervin Posts: 1
edited 2010-07-17 03:16 in BASIC Stamp
·can you use arduino chip·on a BOE-bo?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-07-15 22:34
    No

First of all, the Arduino is not a "chip". It's a board design framework combined with an open-sourced software collection. The Arduino uses Atmel processor chips (mostly the ATmega328 and similar Atmel chips), but there's a specific design scheme and physical layout involved most of the time.

The BoeBot uses a Parallax BOE (Board Of Education) board which is designed for the Parallax Basic Stamps. The physical dimensions will also work for Parallax's Propeller Protoboard.

You could make your own mounting brackets for an Arduino board, but then you'd not have the benefit of the extensive set of texts / tutorials / sample programs for the BoeBot. You could translate the programs for the Arduino, but that'd be a lot of work with no certainty that they'd work as expected.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-07-16 00:02
    You can though use an Arduino Board on a BOEbot chassis. But why not build your own?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • JamesRonaldJamesRonald Posts: 39
    edited 2010-07-17 03:16
    Ervin,

Yes, it can work. I have done so just so that I can show its limitations compared to the propeller. The propeller is a better choice and as it turns out the Propeller Proto boards fits the BOEBot chassis perfectly. Do a search for PEKbot or check out my site if your interested in trying the Propeller Proto boards. But if you already have an Arduino you may as well try it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James Ronald
    My Robots

Post Edited (JamesRonald) : 7/20/2010 8:31:09 PM GMT