Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Eyebrows for ping — Parallax Forums

Eyebrows for ping

Harry BrownHarry Brown Posts: 5
edited 2010-07-15 01:26 in Accessories
I have seen a video of a BOE BOT with Ping which had moving eyebrows. How do you set this up? What hardware and code is needed for this?

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-07-14 15:18
    Link to the video? That would help. It would probably be something you would have to make yourself and, once made, depending in how you connected it then you would write the code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Harry BrownHarry Brown Posts: 5
    edited 2010-07-14 18:55
    I may have seenit elswhere, but this is all I remember.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-07-14 19:46
    Based on the comment on the Youtube link, he used a mechanical linkage from the same Ping rotational servo.·He converted left to right motion to vertical motion with some sort of cam device?

Jim

Harry Brown said...
    I may have seenit elswhere, but this is all I remember.
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2010-07-14 20:07
    If you watch, you can see that the "eyebrows" stay up in some areas, even as the Ping[noparse]:)[/noparse])) is pivoting. It also looks like a 2nd servo wire going in there. I think he has a "micro servo" behind the Ping[noparse]:)[/noparse])) board, and the brows are one piece of formed metal attached to the servo horn.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.
    Click here to see my Nomad Build Log
  • Harry BrownHarry Brown Posts: 5
    edited 2010-07-14 20:09
    Lots of ideas. Will have to try some and see what works. Thanks to all.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-07-14 20:16
    You may be right John. I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to dissect it. If I where to do it, a micro servo dedicated to just the eyebrows, so they would be independent and have the ability to move at will.

Jim

John R. said...
    If you watch, you can see that the "eyebrows" stay up in some areas, even as the Ping[noparse]:)[/noparse])) is pivoting. It also looks like a 2nd servo wire going in there. I think he has a "micro servo" behind the Ping[noparse]:)[/noparse])) board, and the brows are one piece of formed metal attached to the servo horn.
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2010-07-15 01:26
    That's neat. I'm all out of I/O pins and the EMF from the micro-servo would give my compass fits, otherwise I might try that.