Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Xbee pro xsc configuration — Parallax Forums

Xbee pro xsc configuration

ThricThric Posts: 109
edited 2010-07-15 01:12 in Accessories
Could someone help me on how to configure my xbee modules so that I can send either a string or decimal values to a terminal screen on the X-CTU program? I' currently having trouble and I've been searching through this and other forums but I haven't been able to find a solution (more like a simple easy to understand solution [noparse];)[/noparse] . I have a propeller which is connected to one xbee while the other is attached to my pc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. sorry if this isn't the right forum, just trying to find an answer.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-07-13 15:51
    Have you gone through this document and what how do you have the chip set?

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90001003_A.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • ThricThric Posts: 109
    edited 2010-07-14 02:32
    hi, thanks for the reply.

This is my first time I've ever used an xbee module and currently I have not changed any of the default "in the box settings" using the X-CTU program. Currently I can transmit data from my prop to my pc however all I get on my terminal screen (I use the X-CTU's) are random charachters.

I checked the baud rate and everything is set to 9600.

Is there some special way that I must configure the xbees to recieve and transmit legiable data correctly?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-07-14 15:24
    Yes there are settings you must change to set up the xbees but you will have to do some reading as I don't use that series module. The Digi manuals might help and I would think they have some form of help, perhaps a forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • ThricThric Posts: 109
    edited 2010-07-15 01:12
    I sent a support ticket in to Digi. I post their help/solution which should come tomorrow. Thanks