Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Digital I/O board (Kit) part number 27113 — Parallax Forums

Digital I/O board (Kit) part number 27113

NewBeeNewBee Posts: 35
edited 2010-07-12 05:41 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this kit.· Has any one used it?· I want to use it to switch different thermocouples to a sensor and I worry about contact resistance.

Thanks,

Bob

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-07-12 00:03
    Have you read the manual yet? What are the specs it needs to provide to your sensors?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • NewBeeNewBee Posts: 35
    edited 2010-07-12 00:09
    I'm sorry, what do you mean "it needs to provide to your sensors?"?
    edited 2010-07-12 00:14
    What do your sensors need to run? How are you planning to connect them to the measuring device? Perhaps you don't need this at all depending on your circuit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2010-07-12 00:35
    I have one sensor and four thermocouples, so I figure I need to switch thermocouples on to the sensor or but more sensors in the circuit. Is that right?
    edited 2010-07-12 04:21
    Somebody said...
    one sensor and four thermocouples
    What sensor is it? I don't think this is a good solution for you. For the thermocouples I'd use an electronic rather than a mechanical one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2010-07-12 05:41
    I'm using the DS 2760 High-Precision Li+ Battery Monitor as a single input temperature sensor. I chose this sensor as it was available thru parallax complete with lookup tables to resolve the thermocouple voltages to the temperature as I am trying to avoid the tedious process of building the lookup tables myself. As well, I chose the mechanical thermocouple because the thermocouple is in a wet environment, completely submerged. All that said, it is not too late to change direction. I could always add more sensors for a simpler solution but honestly I trying to avoid the cost. Do you have other thoughts?