Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee 5V/3.3V adapter board — Parallax Forums

XBee 5V/3.3V adapter board

J^3J^3 Posts: 121
edited 2010-07-07 18:13 in Accessories
Good Evening All,

I am trying to establish communications between my PC and an XBee Pro series 2 transceiver using the 5V/3.3V adapter board and my PDB. On the PDB is a 232 level shifter which I have wired DOUT of the XBee to tx of the level shifter, and DIN of the Xbee to rx of the level shifter. When I try to query the XBee from the X-CTU software I get nothing. Also, the yellow, green, and red LEDs are on, but no blue. Any help would be appreciated.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
There are 10 types of people that understand binary, those who do, and those who don't.

Comments

• J^3J^3 Posts: 121
    edited 2010-06-30 23:32
    P.S. When I try the same setup on my PPDB(has a MAX3232 for 3.3V devices) with a straight through adapter board, all works fine. Is my 5V/3.3V board bad?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    There are 10 types of people that understand binary, those who do, and those who don't.
    edited 2010-07-01 00:48
    Success! I started thinking that maybe the MAX232 on my PDB might be bad, so I took a dip package I had in my toolbox and interfaced it to my 5V/3.3V XBee board. Using X-CTU I received a response of "Communication with modem..OK" YEAH!! Now to get the two talking together.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-07-01 00:48
    P.S. I have to also fix my PDB rolleyes.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2010-07-07 18:13
    Are you sure the MAX chip on the PDB is damaged? I have found that often customers will simply have the RX/TX reversed in perspective to the driver and DB9.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    ·