2»

Comments

• DJJohnson70DJJohnson70 Posts: 10
    edited 2013-12-18 11:55
    Hanno wrote: »
    Hi!
    December 18th 2013: A new beta of the PropScope software is here:

onerobot.org/propscope206.exe

It now manages the 10x setting correctly for channel 2.
    It looks through all valid com ports for a "PropScope" and tries to connect to that first- this should resolve the problem with computers that have many active com ports such as when using Bluetooth
    I've confirmed that it measures time correctly
    I've confirmed that it streams rather than samples at slow timescales (the measurements slide across the screen rather than causing an update when all samples have been taken)

Please let me know of any issues...
    Enjoy!
    Hanno
    Thanks for fixing the x10 issue. Much better. Thanks!! Problem 1: I was trying to stream, and constantly get an error when I click the "Browse Button" (see attached). Problem 2: As for the streaming, I must be doing something incorrectly. I cannot seem to set a time frame less than 10 seconds. The on screen data is clearly jumping at 50ms/div, but scrolls at 100ms/div. However, there is a problem when the counter resets at 1024 for 100ms/div and even 200ms/div. I attached screenshots of the data plotted in Excel at the point where the counter resets. I am not sure how much data is lost.
    1024 x 137 - 24K
    1024 x 132 - 25K
  • RangerRanger Posts: 1
    edited 2014-01-04 18:36
    I just received a Propscope from Parallax and after settling down to use it I observed several bugs. I am using version 2.0.5 and running MS Windows 8.0 on my platform. The fist thing I noticed is that the Channel 1 and Channel 2 controls are scaled differently. One reads to 50volts and the other 5volts, yet the "probe manager" window indicates that both are scaled for 10X probes. The other glitch is that when changes are entered in the probe manager window, and subsequently applied, the time scale changes. I tried downloading the latest software (January 2014), but Windows 8 blocked it (the download vanishes!) when I try to install it. I see that there are a lot of software bandaids applied to this product. Is there an actual working Propscope out there?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-01-05 03:46
    Window probably blocked it because it was an exe file. Try and download the ZIP file I have attached.

The new software should fix your bugs.