Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE-Bot Talking — Parallax Forums

BOE-Bot Talking

Erik632Erik632 Posts: 5
edited 2010-07-01 23:50 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hey i was wondering if its possible to make the Boe-Bot make actual words like hello power on or object detected?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-06-21 01:24
    The BoeBot by itself cannot make words. There are MP3 players that can be controlled by a Stamp. There are speech synthesizers that can be controlled by a Stamp. You can even program a Propeller (like the Propeller Backpack) to speak or sing in 4-part harmony. There's sample Propeller code for this in the Object Exchange although it would have to be modified a little to work with the Backpack.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-06-21 01:27
    Not the bot itself but you can get chips that will talk that the stamp can control.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Erik632Erik632 Posts: 5
    edited 2010-06-22 20:35
    so with basic stamp how would i make it talk like recorded noise?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-06-22 21:05
    You would get a chip or circuit module that can play sounds like a mp3 player. Google for microcontrolled sound player.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • electrosyselectrosys Posts: 212
    edited 2010-07-01 23:50
    I think a SpeakJet (single chip) would be a good choose too. SpeakJet is completely self contained, whit complex voice and sound synthesizer and unlimited ability of producing sound effects and speach. The SpeakJet can be controlled by a single I/O with UART serial (and also the Stand Alone ability)

SpeakJet:
    http://magnevation.com/

Phrase-A-Lator:
    The free software for the SpeakJet, when connected to a PC (Windows) through a serial port (UART) allows you to build and test phrases, sounds and much more...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔