Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thinking to make small jet or helicopter with tracking system in it — Parallax Forums

Thinking to make small jet or helicopter with tracking system in it

SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
edited 2010-06-28 15:17 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi guys
I am back.

Just getting sick in my head and i know its not possible but just wants to try if its possible.

I wants to make helicopter or jet. Something like that. So i can send some light stuff to other country.
I know hahaha its sick.

Is there anyway i can do that.

First question how i will track it and set its destination that reach this position and come back.

I have to use GPS and then make some control which can understand it. But other problem if my plane or jet what ever is passing from the country which dont have the GPS then what my plane will loose its track. Whats better options using small engine or run with a batteries. or make it run with solar pannel. So batteries get recharged something like that back up etc etc

But this way i have to use alot of batteries and way out for that. Just getting crazy whats to creating something like this but i need small size not big size.

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2010-06-20 08:18
    Yeah, a bit far fetched but what the hey...

First, GPS works everywhere. You should Google it and see how it operates.

Next, you can not make a small vehicle with that kind of range. Physics are against you. Helicopters are grossly inefficient., small jets too. Best chance is to make an intelligent, soaring, solar powered fixed wing.

Finally, there is lighter than air. Hard to be precise with it's path but it could release a GPS guided glider when it is within range. Good luck getting it back.

Rich H

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Simple Servo Tester, a kit from Gadget Gangster.
  • SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
    edited 2010-06-28 07:00
    Thanks for the help.

I will start with small helicopter very soon with camera on it. And try to control it and see how it goes?
    Then will go for hard stuff.

Thanks for the help.
  • Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
    edited 2010-06-28 15:17
    This is a neat idea to think about anyways [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Look up Hexacopter!!!!

It's everything you just said on a smaller scale. I believe it's made in Germany.... There were a couple posts about it on here.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, it's open source too.

Electric is completely out unless it's light enough / efficient enough to be solar powered.
    Gas 4stroke MAYBE
    2stroke / 4stroke glow fuel/nitro probably not.
    Solid fuel would work, but a vehicle that size would put you on the news and likely in jail [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "puff"...... Smile, there went another one.

Post Edited (Spiral_72) : 6/28/2010 3:25:41 PM GMT