Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using parallax Sonar sensor for Car backup sensor — Parallax Forums

Using parallax Sonar sensor for Car backup sensor

eternalisteternalist Posts: 8
edited 2010-12-29 11:55 in Accessories
Ok, I was in 'The Shack' as they now call it. Rediculous, I know. I came across the parallax sonar sensor and an idea popped into my head for a simple project. I could use this sensor to build a circuit for avoiding objects behind my car while in reverse. I know someone with a newer Mercury Mountaineer and it has backup sensors that beep faster as you get closer to objects and its quite helpful. Now I know that my version might not be as good as the one that Mercury has installed but I'd to take a go at it just for fun. However, before I start I just wanted to make sure that this sensor is the right part for the job. I'm also open to any suggestions or schematics anyone can donate. Thanks everyone.

- Ben

BTW, how do those clowns at Radio Shack even get jobs there?? They know literally nothing about electronic components. I know that electronic components aren't selling like hotcakes but I do believe the employees should have some very basic knowledge of the parts. I know radiosschack is terrible and expensive but its terribly convenient and the only store in a thousand mile radius that sells the parts I need.

Comments