Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EXE program for Upload the Code — Parallax Forums

EXE program for Upload the Code

Miguel AngelMiguel Angel Posts: 15
edited 2010-06-17 18:50 in BASIC Stamp
Suppose That I sell an application of Basic Stamp , obviously Code runnig well.

Suposse that I need Upload an Upgrade without going to the customer (for distance and sending by mail the solution) BUT without transfer to the customer my Know-How.

Exist some aplication who make a exe file which automaticly charge the code tu Basic Stamp without expose my code and know-how?

thanks....

MADV

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2010-06-17 14:37
    You can you the "Generate Object" code which is a feature of the BASIC Stamp Editor.· It allows you create a code that the customer cannot read and they can download.· If you click on "File" in the BASIC Stamp Editor you will see the "Generate Object" feature.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-06-17 15:00
    And yes, one of the options under "Generate Object Code" will be to create a single executable. So, what your customer does, is plug in a serial cable to the BS2, and run that executable. That will run a program that downloads into your BS2 your distributed program, without giving your customer any access to the program.
  • Miguel AngelMiguel Angel Posts: 15
    edited 2010-06-17 17:37
    thanks....

This program seek automaticly the correct port? or
    must be allways de same port ? or
    I must select via DOS command or menu??.....

thks
  • servelloservello Posts: 113
    edited 2010-06-17 18:50
    allanlane5 said...
    And yes, one of the options under "Generate Object Code" will be to create a single executable. So, what your customer does, is plug in a serial cable to the BS2, and run that executable. That will run a program that downloads into your BS2 your distributed program, without giving your customer any access to the program.

Actually, if you are using the newest version of the Stamp Editor (2.5), then the only option available is to generate the object code. The other choices are grayed out and unavailable.

I mentioned this quite a while ago and have been waiting for the fix to be made.

-Dominic

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Deus tantum me iudicabit