Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC stamp terminal program? — Parallax Forums

BASIC stamp terminal program?

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2010-06-16 05:42 in BASIC Stamp
Before I crack out the book, has anyone already created a little 'terminal' application for the BASIC STAMP which will
allow connection to an Xbee on a couple pins, and relay information back and forth with DEBUG?

I'm picturing something along the lines of a little program which uses DEBUG, SERIN, and SEROUT commands.

I know it's a little redundant to connect a "terminal" to a "terminal" to an Xbee, but I'm thinking it would be handy.

(Psst! Don't tell anyone on the Propeller forum I'm over here asking STAMP questions.. [noparse]:)[/noparse] [noparse]:)[/noparse] HEH.. )

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Propeller Feature Projects: PropellerPowered.com
Visit the: PROPELLERPOWERED SIG forum kindly hosted by Savage Circuits.

Comments

• hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-06-16 01:08
    Caught ya' I won't tell.

....Hey Abbott!!
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2010-06-16 01:43
    Hi OBC , I'm not exactly sure if this will fit but I use it often with Stamps , its a VB app that requires the Net Framework·, I·also have one similar I use with the Prop.

It has a·few features that are real handy when using a Stamp

It's designed to connect via the Stamps programming port using PBasics Serin Serout instructions

It will display incoming data as ASCII characters or as values of bytes

There is a button for toggling DTR for reset

There are 10 fields for entering data that can be transmitted to the Stamp , field 1 is for the entry of an ASCII string the other 9 are for the entry of individual byte values. The 10 values can be transmitted separately or simultaneously , the string is always sent first.

let me know if it's of value

Jeff T.
    zip
    OBC.zip 439.1K
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,934
    edited 2010-06-16 04:41
    Even though I don't do a whole lot with the stamp anymore, I still wish there was a Propeller object that would take in the DEBUG command output from a Stamp and shove it out a TV or VGA output. A long time ago, I was looking to make a portable debug device that would do that, but it has been postponed........ (or maybe transferred to OBC????)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andrew Williams
    WBA Consulting
    WBA-TH1M Sensirion SHT11 Module
    My Prop projects: Reverse Geo-Cache Box, Custom Metronome, Micro Plunge Logger
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-06-16 05:00
    The BS2's DEBUG (and DEBUGIN) statement use ordinary serial I/O at 9600 Baud (except for the BS2px at 19200 Baud). There are several Propeller terminal programs that should work. I don't think they respond to some of the predefined control characters like CLS (= 0), but that could be easily added.
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2010-06-16 05:42
    WBA Consulting said...
    Even though I don't do a whole lot with the stamp anymore, I still wish there was a Propeller object that would take in the DEBUG command output from a Stamp and shove it out a TV or VGA output. A long time ago, I was looking to make a portable debug device that would do that, but it has been postponed........ (or maybe transferred to OBC????)

I can see myself spending some time with this, with Gramps working on the STAMP and my enjoying the Propeller...
    (Maybe after UPEW settles down.)

In the meantime, this might be useful to you. http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=772078

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Feature Projects: PropellerPowered.com
    Visit the: PROPELLERPOWERED SIG forum kindly hosted by Savage Circuits.